Recycling is the process of turning used products into raw materials that can be used to make new products. Its purpose is to conserve natural resources and reduce pollution. Recycling reduces energy consumption, since it generally takes less energy to recycle a product than to make a new one.
Recycling is the need of the hour. Recycling can be done with a lot of things. Also it is very wise to do recycling, because if you don’t do it now the whole world would suffer later on, so why not add even a bit if you can? One can recycle plastic, electronics, mobile phonesetc.
One more thing that you can is clothes. This is something that not many of us know about. A lot of us have a misconception that recycle clothes are second hand clothes, but it’s really not like that. There are many ways to recycle clothes; few of them are as follows:-
- In this method you have to collect post-industrial waste, cloth and scraps left over from fabric and garment manufacture, and post-consumer waste, used clothes and other household textiles. All the fabric is sorted according to type, color and grade, and then shredded into fibers. The product, known as shoddy, can, if it is of a high grade, be mixed with new fibers and then spun for weaving or knitting.
- You can also donate your clothes to a company that recycle old clothes and make new ones.
- You can also try revamping old clothes you are tired of, giving them new decorations, cutting them a bit, or combining pieces of different clothes you like and using the rest as rags or handkerchiefs, as discussed above.
- Sign up to participate in Freecycle or Ecofreek where you can give and get stuff for free as you wish
- Also one can donate the clothes to others, as there are many such people who can’t afford to buy new ones. Or you can even have a garage sale, thus you can make some money off of your old clothes. Isn’t this an awesome way to go green and save the environment?
The good thing is that you can also recycle your oldSmartphones. If you are interested then search the internet and get the complete detail of mobile phone recycling process.